Monday, December 10, 2012

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News

So, at bedtime tonight, I will be taking my 5th dose of Prometrium.... Still no Auntie in town (she's now 27 days late), but lots of general icky feelings. Who woulda thunk I'd actually be looking forward to a period?! Have I finally lost it?? As I type this, I kinda want to hurl. Man, I can't imagine how my husband doesn't find me super sexy.... I was pretty excited that I made it through the major weekend events without feeling super nasty though. I got to see a friend that I haven't spent a lot of time with in the past few years, and we went on a double date with our neighbors. It was a nice (and alcohol free-yikes!) weekend.

To distract my churning stomach, I've decided to make a list of things about myself since some of you are still in the getting to know me phase. So, here ya go!

- I hate almost all bugs. The only ones I can even tolerate are praying mantises. Or is that manti? Whatever. I hear that they are considered good luck. I found on my porch the day I bought my house, and then over the summer another one crawled right up on my hand and even posed for a pic. It never tried to kill me or even jump. Yeah, they're cool in my book. I think they should go on a crusade against spiders. Before you start that crap about how spiders are helpful, I have never been helped by a spider, unless you count the time I had one jump at me which resulted in helping me have a full load of laundry....

- I was the 6th grade Spelling Bee champ. I made it to the city competition and lost on the word description. Seriously?! Yep. Caved under pressure.

- I LOVE baby bumps. Not in that creepy stranger in the mall kind of way, but if I know you and you have one, you can guarantee I'm going to talk to your kid. Maybe even sing. I also just got a shiny new badass stethoscope, so I can't wait until my pregnant co-worker is further along so I can accost her midsection with it.

- Yo Gabba Gabba and the Wonder Pets are creepy as hell. I have to bring this up because Wonder Pets are on my tv right now. The 5 year old twins from next door are here. They love these shows, they give me nightmares.

- I'm nervous. I'm nervous that I'm going to become a crazy lady while trying to get a baby in my own belly. I'm nervous that nothing is going to work. I'm new to all of this, so it's kind of ridiculous to be this nervous this early, but I can't help it. Maybe it's more like being anxious and impatient, since I am definitely both of those things.

- I have a potty mouth. This is something I'm going to have to control someday....

That's all for now. You can't have all of the information on me at once. That would be a major overload! So, think happy thoughts, pray, throw some good juju our way, whatever it is that you do. I appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to parenthood. From here until the day you die, you'll be nervous about SOMETHING every second of every day. You just learn to shove that down and enjoy the moment from time to time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to suspect that we are, in fact, the same person.

    I was also the 6th grade spelling bee champ, and lost at the county level on the word seizure! I still spell it wrong to this day... I think I have a complex about it, lol.

    Sorry about the Prometrium... I hope you get used to it. It took me a while, but I finally did. I always took it immediately before bed with a glass of milk (or chocolate milk if you're feeling racy), and that helped.

    I also think that having a potty mouth is the only f&%#ing way to get through this crap some days... Hang in there, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete